Medical 2 Job Summary
Medical 2 is a 32 bed unit located on 8 Waldemere Tower and is a part of the six-unit Medical Surgical Division. Medical 2 was created as a new acute, inpatient unit in January of 2021 and has since created a culture of teamwork always striving for safe, quality patient care. The patient population on Medical 2 includes all adults eighteen years and older with any assortment of medical conditions, including but not limited to GI bleed, falls, altered mental status, pain, shortness of breath and any number of infections. With that, Medical 2 is an excellent place for newer nurses and techs to gain a wide variety of experiences and skill sets before pursuing a career in a specialty area or experienced staff to find their forever unit.
The Multi-Skilled Technician is an experienced health care worker who provides both patient care and administrative support. Required Qualifications
- Require one of the following: 1.) Florida licensure as Certified Nursing Assistant (CNA), Emergency Medical Technician (EMT); Paramedic, or a military corpsman; or National licensure as an Emergency Medical Technician (EMT); which must be maintained active during employment; or 2.) Nursing students who are eligible for CNA exam are required to: a.) currently be enrolled in an accredited school of Nursing (RN/LPN); b.) have completed the first semester of clinical for ASN/BSN degree or completion of first trimester for LPN; c.) cannot be currently licensed in the U.S. as a RN or LPN; and d) Nurse/Practical Nurse Graduate who is eligible and/or scheduled to sit for the NCLEX exam within 12 months of hire date; or 3.) Patient Care Technician (PCT) or Certified Nursing Assistant (CNA) Certification: Provide certification of successful completion of a Florida State Board approved program and successfully obtain a Florida CNA license within 120 days of graduation. For a full list of Florida State Board-approved programs, click on or copy this link to your browser: https://floridasnursing.gov/forms/cna-training-prog.pdf **Employees hired without the above licensure and/or by years of experience only prior to 11/11/19, are grandfathered in and will have the option of obtaining the stipulated licensure. Preferred Qualifications
- Prefer the ability to assess, interact, communicate, and care for specific patient population, served by the department. Mandatory Education
- Prefer working knowledge of commonly used computer applications.
- Prefer the ability to work with minimal supervision.
HS EQ: High School Diploma, GED or Certificate Required License and Certs
BLS: Basic Life Support/CPR
Reputation. Community. Impact. Growth.
Every day, our patients at Sarasota Memorial Health Care System receive a first-class experience in care from a team on a mission to deliver the highest level of care in America. In the process of rising to that challenge, one by one, our people are finding their purpose and feeling their impact. Now it is your turn to see yourself here.
Sarasota Memorial Hospital was recently recognized again by ranking #1 Hospital in the Region by the U.S. News's Best Hospital report by scoring a Perfect 10! Not only that, but SMH was also designated at a national "standout" hospital for earning top ratings in all evaluated conditions and procedures - an accomplishment achieved by less than 1% of the 4000+ hospitals. Our system has also earned Magnet® recognition from the American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC), as well as these additional accolades: Gallup Great Workplace 2018; recipient of an "A" grade for Patient Safety. Sarasota Memorial Hospital is Magnet designated and the only provider of Level II trauma services, obstetrical services, and Level III neonatal intensive care in Sarasota County.
The benefits of being the best:
Our commitment to becoming the best community hospital and health care system means providing the best possible benefits to our people. Some highlights:
Total Rewards Package
- Paid Time Off (start earning PTO on day one of employment)
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Discounted Medical, Prescription, Dental, Vision Benefit Plans for Full & Part-Time Employees
- Flexible Spending Accounts (Health Care and Dependent Care) - Pre-Tax Dollars
- Life Insurance
- Disability Insurance
- Retirement Savings Plan: 403b
- Sarasota Campus for now - Discounted Child Care & Before and After School Program and Summer Camp!
- Bereavement Leave
- Free Parking
- On Campus Dining w/ a 30% discount
- Credit Union w/ teller machines on campus
- Direct Deposit
- Free Wellness Screening
- Free confidential counseling services
- Employee Discount Programs
- Recognition Programs
- Referral Programs
- Tremendous growth opportunities for hard workers!