Southern Ocean County
SUMMARY OF JOB: A Home Care and Hospice Visiting LPN provides safe, holistic care to a population in Southern Ocewan County with multiple co-morbidities and advanced chronic illnesses under the guidance of the Home Care RN. The LPN functions as a member of the health care team and provides support to meet the needs of the patient, family, and community.
CONNECTING TO MISSION: Redeemer Health Home Care and Hospice’s ability to continue the rich heritage of the Sisters of the Redeemer and care, comfort, and heal in the home is directly related to the talents, motivation and accomplishments of our employees. A primary way staff connect to our mission is by collaborating with all team members in promoting an environment that provides quality, compassionate, holistic, patient-centered care and supports all internal and external customers
RECRUITMENT REQUIREMENTS: Minimum of 3-5 year med/surg experience required; 1 year of home care experience preferred; able to work weekend, holiday, and on-call hours; able to demonstrate professional competencies in a home care setting; able to efficiently utilize technology (cell phone, computer); able to travel in service area.
LICENSE AND REGULATORY REQUIREMENTS: Current State LPN License, Valid Driver’s License, Current CPR Certification
CUSTOMER FOCUS AND ORGANIZATIONAL CITIZENSHIP:
- Serves as a role model for Redeemer Health to patients, residents, families, co-workers and visitors.
- Creates unique and memorable experiences for patient, residents, clients and employees by relationship building and utilizing the power of storytelling and story gathering.
- Recognizes responsibility in creating a safe environment for patients, residents, clients and co-workers and demonstrates Safecare techniques consistently.
- Maintains a positive and professional demeanor
- Acts in a respectful, supportive and empathetic manner.
- Provides appropriate and timely responses to customer concerns or requests.
- Demonstrates the Redeemer Health Mission, Vision, Values and Culture.
- Demonstrates effective, courteous and respectful communication skills.
- Presents ideas in a clear and concise manner
- Accepts responsibility for own work.
- Assists coworkers and helps with other duties as assigned.
- Adapts to changing priorities and business needs.
- Participates in in-services and other functions.
CORE RESPONSIBILITIES/ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS:
- In accordance with MD orders, performs patients visits, participates in planning, implementation and evaluation of patient care in collaboration with case manager RN.
- Under the direction of the RN, evaluates patient and gathers data within parameters of care plan established by RN, identifies barriers, implements best practice interventions for optimal patient centered outcomes per agency protocols, and reports findings in a timely manner and no later than 24 hours.
- Performs and documents required hand off communication to Case manager/Clinical Manager.
- Collaborates, coordinates, and performs services to meet the needs of patients and families that meet reimbursement criteria.
- Reinforces plan of care and educates patient/caregiver based on assessment findings and holistic needs of the patients and families, adhering to HRHS policies and protocols.
- Immediately reports any findings that vary from previous findings to physician and RN/Clinical Manager and requests all changes in patient conditions to be documented, and care plans updated.
- Accepts direction regarding suggestions for documentation improvement.
- May assist the Telemonitoring RN in determining appropriateness of patients.
- May deliver and set up monitoring equipment in patient’s homes.
- May educate patients and caregivers regarding monitor usage and communication and provide ongoing support to Telemonitoring patients.
- May maintain equipment, including a log and cleansing.
- Under the direction of the RN; may collect clinical data and communicate results to physicians if necessary.
- May receive phone calls from Telemonitoring patients and reports any concerns to RN/Clinical Manager.
- Adheres to infection control and safety policies and practices.
- Provides continuity of care and follows interdisciplinary communication when indicated, observing HIPAA guidelines.
- Completes mandatory education annually, and inservice training as needed.
- Adheres to HRHS policies regarding time and attendance as well as dress code.
- Participates in accreditation survey preparedness and related corrective action follow up.
- Is aware of and participates in quality improvement initiatives and infection control plans as necessary.
- Understands and complies with all local, federal, and regulatory body requirements.