To be part of our organization, every employee should understand and share in the YNHHS Vision, support our Mission, and live our Values. These values - integrity, patient-centered, respect, accountability, and compassion - must guide what we do, as individuals and professionals, every day.
Works Under The Supervision Of The Patient Care Manager/Clinical Coordinator. The Registered Nurse (Rn) Assesses, Plans, Implements, Evaluates And Supervises Individual Patient Care On A Nursing Unit/Department According To Unit Policies And Procedures. Provides Supervision Of Non-Rn Personnel On The Assigned Unit. When Assuming The Charge Role, Delegates And Supervises Unit Activities. May Be Requires To Work On Other Nursing Units According To Distribution Of Staff And Patients. Performs Other Duties As Assigned Or Requested In Order To Maintain A High Level Of Service.
- 1. Assesses The Patient?S Physical And Psychosocial Condition On An Ongoing Basis Throughout The Continuum Of Care.
- 2. Develops, Communicates And Documents A Plan Of Care Reflecting Individualized Patient Problems And Interventions To Achieve Desired Outcomes, Involving The Patient, Family And Healthcare Team In This Process.
- 3. Implements And Coordinates This Plan Of Care In Collaboration With The Healthcare Team.
- 4. Evaluates The Effectiveness Of The Plan Of Care, Patient?S Response To Care, And Readiness For Discharge. Revises The Plan Of Care As Needed And Makes Referrals Where Indicated.
- 5. Plans For Education After Assessing The Individual Learning Needs And Readiness Of The Patient And Family. Provides Educational Opportunities And Documents Outcomes.
- 6. Functions As A Preceptor To New Staff.
- 7. Functions As A Charge Nurse.
- 8. Meets Performance Expectations For Customer Service, Teamwork, Resource Utilization, And Staff And Self Development As Outlined In Performance Review.
- 9. Performs Other Duties As Assigned Or Directed To Ensure Smooth Operation Of The Department/Unit.
- 10. Demonstrates Knowledge And Understanding Of Established Policies Governing The Care Of A Patient Being Monitored For Cardiac Arrhythmias.
- 11. Demonstrates Skill And Knowledge In Arrhythmia.
- 12. Demonstrates Competency In The Care Of The Pediatric Patient Using The Principles Of Child Growth And Development As Appropriate To The Sick Child.
- 13. Demonstrates Competency In The Care Of The Pediatric Patient And Family Using The Principles Of Family Centered Care.
- 14. Demonstrates Skill And Knowledge Of Accurate Preparation And Administration Of Pediatric Medication. Uses Resource Literature And Understands Principles Of Appropriate Dosage By Weight And Age.
Graduate Of An Accredited School Of Nursing; Bsn Preferred. Proficient In Use Of Computer Software To Include Electronic Patient Records. Must Have Ability To Use Internet For Literature Searches Regarding Care For Patients.
Valid State Of Connecticut Registered Nurse License
Bls Certification Required.
YNHHS Requisition ID