Neo-Natal ICU Job Summary
Provides professional nursing care to patients and families in an acute clinical care environment, guided by the SMHCS nursing professional practice model and in accordance with the ANA's Standards of Professional Practice. Required Qualifications
- Require basic working knowledge of commonly used computer applications. Preferred Qualifications
- Require NRP (Neonatal Resuscitation Program) certification within ninety (90) days of date of hire.
- Require graduate of an accredited school of nursing or a diploma program. For new hires after 2012, Bachelor of Science Degree in nursing (BSN) is required within specified timeframe as outlined in the New Hire BSN Agreement policy (126.045).
- Require any neonatal certification obtained during employment will be maintained during the remainder of employment. These include but are not limited to: High Risk Neonatal Nursing certification, Neonatal Transport certification, Child Passenger Safety Technician, any Lactation certification.
- Prefer certification in nursing specialty area. Preferred Education
BSN: Bachelor of Science Nursing Required License and Certs
BLS: Basic Life Support/CPR Preferred License and Certs
FL RN: FL Registered Nurse License
ACLS: Advanced Cardiac Life Support