Cares for patients in the clinic setting under direction of nursing staff by performing the following duties supporting the nursing philosophy. Performs other duties as assigned.
- Urology Clinic, Janesville WI
- 72 Hours/2 Weeks
- Day Shift - No Weekends
- Rooms and prepares patient for examination and procedures
- Collects patient data and documents in the medical record.
- Assists with procedures, examinations and testing as needed.
- Reviews physician's orders, lab requests, or follow-up needs with patient.
- Documents services provided in the medical record.
- Provides patient treatments as ordered.
- Observes patients and reports adverse reactions to medication or treatment to the RN.
- Administers specified medications as allowed by policy and procedure, licensure, and State Practice Act.
- Reinforces patient teaching provided by Provider and RN.
- Provides basic healthcare instruction to family and patient.
- Performs EKG's and simple lab tests.
- Performs venipuncture to collect blood specimens.
- Participates in QA & I.
- Orders supplies.
Education and Experience
Graduate of an accredited LPN Program
Licensed as an LPN in the State of Wisconsin.
Approved CPR or BLS certification required within 90 days.
Special Physical Demands
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to stand and walk. The employee is occasionally required to sit; stoop, kneel, crouch, or smell. The employee must regularly lift and /or move up to 25 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, and depth perception.
Culture of Excellence Behavior Expectations
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following behavior expectations:
Quality - Follows policies and procedures; adapts to and manages changes in the environment; Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness giving attention to details; Looks for ways to improve and promote quality; Applies feedback to improve performance; Manages time and prioritizes effectively to achieve organizational goals.
Service - Responds promptly to requests for service and assistance; Follows the Mercyhealth Critical Moments of service; Meets commitments; Abides by MH confidentiality and security agreement; Shows respect and sensitivity for cultural differences; and effectively communicates information to partners; Thinks system wide regarding processes and functions.
Partnering - Shows commitment to the Mission of Mercyhealth and Culture of Excellence through all words and actions; Exhibits objectivity and openness to other's views; Demonstrates a high level of participation and engagement in day-to-day work; Gives and welcomes feedback; Generates suggestions for improving work: Embraces teamwork, supports and encourages positive change while giving value to individuals.
Cost - Conserves organization resources; Understands fiscal responsibility; Works within approved budget; Develops and implements cost saving measures; contributes to profits and revenue.