Cardiac Prog/Cardiac Acute Job Summary
The Health Unit Coordinator role is a unit support position, under the direction and supervision of the charge nurse and accountable to the Clinical Coordinator and Manager.
The Unit Coordinator or “HUC” is trained as a Cardiac Monitor Technician/ Unit Coordinator. In this position they will watch the cardiac monitors for all patients on the unit and notify the nurse if a rhythm changes. While not in the monitor room, they will answer patients’ call lights, complete consultation calls, manage the unit phone, and assist in paperwork for the shift. This is a versatile position, where the employee is assisting nursing staff, patients/ family members, and physicians for the unit. The HUC/CMT is a key member of the CAC highly trained nursing team providing excellent patient care and exceptional customer service.
Some CMT role responsibilities include:
- Monitor cardiac rhythms
- Rhythm scanning/documentation
- Answer call lights via patient call system
- Admit/discharge patients via computer system
- Complete consults
- Release orders
- Manage unit phone line
- Assist in paperwork
- Communicate with bedside nursing staff
Opportunities to Grow and Training:
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Joining a hospital wide or unit-based committees
- Transition into a Multi Skilled Technician with CNA certification
- Require basic knowledge of commonly used computer applications and Office equivalent. Mandatory Education
- Require expert interpersonal skills.
- Require the ability to work with minimal supervision.
HS EQ: High School Diploma, GED or Certificate Preferred License and Certs
Cardiac Monitor/ Telemetry Interpretation Certification
Day Shift: 7:00 am- 7:30 pm
Full Time is 3 Days a week; Part Time is 2 Days a week
Night Shift: 7:00 pm- 7:30 am
Full time is 3 Days a week; Part Time is 2 Days a week
Reputation. Community. Impact. Growth.
Every day, our patients at Sarasota Memorial Health Care System receive a first-class experience in care from a team on a mission to deliver the highest level of care in America. In the process of rising to that challenge, one by one, our people are finding their purpose and feeling their impact. Now it is your turn to see yourself here.
* Highest 5-Star rating from Medicare for quality and safety
* Straight "A's" for Patient Safety
* SMH is also listed among U.S. News “Best Hospitals for Maternity” for 2021-2022; the only hospital in the region to make the list.
* One of the nation's 100 Top Hospitals, 40 Top Teaching Hospitals and 50 Top Cardiovascular Hospital
* Listed among U.S. News' 50 Best Hospitals for Rehabilitation Services and Specialized Urology Care, 2022 - 2023
* Forbes' Best Employers for Women
* Named among the World’s Best Hospitals by Newsweek, 2019-2022
The Benefits of High-Quality Care:
Our commitment to becoming the best community hospital and health care system means providing the best possible benefits to our people. Some highlights:
Total Rewards Package
- Paid time off (start earning PTO on day one of employment)
- Tuition reimbursement
- Discounted medical, prescription, dental, vision benefit plans for Full & Part-Time employees
- Flexible Spending Accounts (Health Care and Dependent Care), Pre- tax dollars
- Life Insurance
- Disability Insurance
- Retirement Savings Plan: 403b
- Discounted Child Care & Before and After School Program, and Summer Camp! (Sarasota Campus)
- Bereavement leave
- Free parking
- On campus dining with a 30% discount
- Credit Union w/ teller machines on campus
- Direct Deposit
- Free Wellness Screening
- Free confidential counseling services
- Employee Discount Programs
- Recognition Programs
- Referral Programs
- Tremendous growth opportunities for hard workers!