Cardiac Progressive 4 Job Summary
Provides professional nursing care to patients and families in an acute clinical care environment, guided by the SMHCS nursing professional practice model and in accordance with the ANA's Standards of Professional Practice.
Fast-paced, 46-bed adult Progressive Care Unit with a population consisting of cardiac ischemia, myocardial infarction, cardiomyopathy, cardiac dysrhythmia, congestive heart failure. The registered nurses (RN) on this unit are accountable for the coordination of nursing care, including direct patient care, patient/family education and transitions of care. Must also have strong problem-solving skills and be able to adapt to unpredictable situations and stress.
The team-based culture on our cardiac progressive care unit has a dedicated Charge Nurse, Lead Nurse, Clinical Pharmacist, Case Manager, Respiratory Therapist, and Mobility Technician to support the patients’ needs and provide resources for our nursing staff. There are many opportunities for professional growth within the department, including a solid foundation in cardiac care. Our staff of over 100 includes Registered Nurses, Patient Care Assistants and Telemetry Technicians. All of whom exemplify our values of respect, integrity, compassion, teamwork, and excellence.
- Patients with a primary cardiac diagnosis requiring complex nursing care including but not limited to:
- Continuous cardiac monitoring
- Acute abnormal arrhythmias
- Cardiac medication and cardiac drips management
- Pre/Post cardiac procedures: Pacemaker, cardioversions, Ablations, Trans Esophageal Echocardiogram, Cardiac Catheterization
- Acute Heart Failure
- Acute myocardial infarction
SMH Opportunities for Experienced and Novice Nurse
- Individualized orientation
- Specialized training provided in Basic Arrhythmia/ACLS
- Cardiac Internship & Nurse Residency for all new graduates
- Critical thinking and assessment skill development through coaching and mentorship
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Opportunities for paid certification in Progressive Care or Cardiac (PCCN, CVRN)
- Advancement opportunities in becoming a Preceptor and/or Charge Nurse
- Unit based and/or House wide committee involvement
- Require Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS) within six (6) months of hire for experienced RN or one (1) year for new graduate, and maintain throughout employment.
- Require graduate of an accredited school of nursing or a diploma program. For new hires after 2012, Bachelor of Science Degree in nursing (BSN) required within three (3) years of hire date.
- Require successful completion of Basic Arrhythmia test within ninety (90) days of employment
- Require basic working knowledge of commonly used computer applications.
- Prefer National Institutes of Health Stroke Scale (NIHSS) certification upon hire
- ASN: Associate of Science in Nursing
BSN: Bachelor of Science Nursing Required License and Certs
BLS: Basic Life Support/CPR Preferred License and Certs
FL RN: FL Registered Nurse License
- ACLS: Advanced Cardiac Life Support
Day Shift: 7:00 am- 7:30 pm
Full Time is 3 Days a week; Part Time is 2 Days a week
Night Shift: 7:00 pm- 7:30 am
Full time is 3 Days a week; Part Time is 2 Days a week
Reputation. Community. Impact. Growth.
Every day, our patients at Sarasota Memorial Health Care System receive a first-class experience in care from a team on a mission to deliver the highest level of care in America. In the process of rising to that challenge, one by one, our people are finding their purpose and feeling their impact. Now it is your turn to see yourself here.
* Highest 5-Star rating from Medicare for quality and safety
* Straight "A's" for Patient Safety
* SMH is also listed among U.S. News “Best Hospitals for Maternity” for 2021-2022; the only hospital in the region to make the list.
* One of the nation's 100 Top Hospitals, 40 Top Teaching Hospitals and 50 Top Cardiovascular Hospital
* Listed among U.S. News' 50 Best Hospitals for Rehabilitation Services and Specialized Urology Care, 2022 - 2023
* Forbes' Best Employers for Women
* Named among the World’s Best Hospitals by Newsweek, 2019-2022
The Benefits of High Quality Care:
Our commitment to becoming the best community hospital and health care system means providing the best possible benefits to our people. Some highlights:
Total Rewards Package
- Paid time off (start earning PTO on day one of employment)
- Self- Scheduling
- Tuition reimbursement
- Discounted medical, prescription, dental, vision benefit plans for Full & Part-Time employees
- Flexible Spending Accounts (Health Care and Dependent Care), Pre- tax dollars
- Life Insurance
- Disability Insurance
- Retirement Savings Plan: 403b
- Discounted Child Care & Before and After School Program and Summer Camp! (Sarasota Campus)
- Bereavement leave
- Free parking
- On campus dining with a 30% discount
- Credit Union w/ teller machines on campus
- Direct Deposit
- Free Wellness Screening
- Free confidential counseling services
- Employee Discount Programs
- Recognition Programs
- Referral Programs
- Tremendous growth opportunities for hard workers!