- Specialty: Pediatric
- Subspecialty Interest: Pediatric Hematology/Oncology
- Schedule: 3 - 12's; shifts are 12 hours and may include holidays, weekdays, weeknight and/or weekend coverage, depending on need
- EMR System: Cerner/Compass
- Hospital: Dell Children's Medical Center
- Location: Austin, TX
- Visa Eligibility: No
This is a great opportunity for the right candidate to partner with Ascension Seton to provide medical services to pediatric hematology/oncology patients in the hospital. Our ideal candidate will have hematology/oncology experience and is comfortable working both independently as well as being part of a multidisciplinary team.
- Obtains patient history and performs assessment via observation, interview and examination. Orders, performs and interprets diagnostic studies. Performs preventative health assessments, screening, immunizations and patient care.
- Provides direct treatment and management of health conditions via referral to other healthcare providers or community resources.
- Counsels and educates patients and their families/caregivers concerning preventative health, treatment options and community resources.
- Documents delivery of health care and nursing processes in accordance with specific specialty area standards and network nursing policy
- Nurse Practitioner credentialed from the Texas Board of Nursing.
- Licensed Registered Nurse credentialed from the Texas Board of Nursing.
- BLS Provider credentialed from the American Heart Association (AHA).
- Drug Enforcement Admin credentialed from the Drug Enforcement Administration.
- Acute care certification - strongly preferred
- Master's degree of Nursing required
- BLS Provider credentialed from the American Heart Association (AHA) obtained within 3 Months (90days) of hire date or job transfer date.
- Licensed Physician Assistant credentialed from the Texas Medical Board.
- Certified Physician Assistant credentialed from the National Commission on Certification of Physician Assistants (NCCPA).
- Advanced Life Support credentialed from the American Heart Association (AHA).
- Graduate of accredited Physician Assistant program
- Master's degree preferred
Work Experience for both APRN and PA:
Why Join Our Team
- Two years of Registered Nurse (RN) experience in related area, strongly preferred
- One year of advanced practice experience, strongly preferred
- Masters degree is required upon job transfer or hire date
About Ascension Seton
- As a member of Ascension Seton, our physicians join a large community of providers who are called to deliver compassionate, personalized care for all persons, especially those who are struggling or affected by poverty.
- We share best practices and knowledge across our smart network as a member of the largest nonprofit provider of care in the country.
- Ascension Seton includes more than 100 clinical locations, including four teaching hospitals which serve as training sites for Dell Medical School at The University of Texas.
- Dell Children’s, part of Ascension Seton in Austin, TX is a world-class pediatric center with its own Level I trauma center and only Level IV NICU in Texas.
- It is the state capital and home to a major university as well as an influential center for politics, technology, music, film and food scene.
- Austin is known as the Live Music Capital World because on any given night, one can find over one hundred venues showcasing a wide variety of live music performances.
- Also known as one of the healthiest/ physically fit cities in America, you will see joggers, cyclists, and walkers committed to cardiovascular health on a daily basis.
- The many parks and lakes offer a multitude of outdoor activities, including swimming, hiking, paddle boarding and fishing.
About Ascension Medical Group Equal Employment Opportunity Employer
When you join Ascension Medical Group (AMG), you are entering a community where physician and advanced practice provider engagement and experience is recognized as a key driver of delivering excellent patient care.
With 1,900 sites of care and 7,000 providers strong, AMG is one of the largest healthcare provider networks in the United States. Physicians and advanced practice providers benefit from a collaborative approach to care, significant professional opportunities, career advancement, training and competitive wages.
Ascension will provide equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all associates and applicants for employment regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, citizenship, gender, sexual orientation, gender identification or expression, age, disability, marital status, amnesty, genetic information, carrier status or any other legally protected status or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws.
For further information, view the EEO Know Your Rights (English) poster or EEO Know Your Rights (Spanish) poster.
Pay Non-Discrimination Notice
Please note that Ascension will make an offer of employment only to individuals who have applied for a position using our official application. Be on alert for possible fraudulent offers of employment. Ascension will not solicit money or banking information from applicants.
This Ministry does not participate in E-Verify and therefore cannot employ STEM OPT candidates. Visa Eligibility