Title:LPN, Home Health and Hospice, 40 hour
Department: Home Health & Hospice
Location: UMass Memorial Leominster Campus.
Posting Date: 10/17/2022
Shift:1st Shift , M-F 8-430, rotating weekends
Shift Length: 8
Sign-On Bonus $5,000
HealthAlliance-Clinton Hospitalis part of the UMass Memorial Health Care system. Serving northern central Massachusetts, we are committed to improving the health of people through excellence in care and comprehensive health services. Promoting healthy lifestyle habits, we serve as a role model by having a tobacco and smoke free campus and hiring nicotine free employees. By exploring careers with us, you are committed to giving your best to our patients, our community and everyone working on our HealthAlliance-Clinton Hospital Care Team. Whatever your career choice, know that at HealthAlliance-Clinton Hospital you can make a difference.
- The Licensed Practical Nurse, under the direction of a Registered Nurse, participates in direct and indirect patient care and health teaching to the full extent of his/her formal education, continuing education, competence and experience.
- Patient care may range from the newborn through the geriatric stage of life.
- The LPN may delegate duties to other caregivers as required and/or permitted and will consistently provide appropriate supervision.
- The LPN works with other staff members in order to meet the goals, objectives and standards of the department and contributes to the attainment of divisional and system wide goals and objectives.
- The LPN will continue to add to his/her nursing knowledge and skill through on-going education.
- Provides patient care according to standards of practice and departmental policy and procedure.
- Provides assistance in patient education and documents appropriately according to policy and procedure.
- Achieves continuity of patient care through planning and exchange of information with other health care professionals.
- Administers medications safely and in accordance with professional standards of practice and departmental policies and procedures within the scope of practice for the LPN.
- Makes recommendations for changes to the plan of care to the appropriate RN or other team member as the patient condition warrants.
- Delegates patient care activities to appropriate personnel in accordance with professional standards of practice and departmental policy and procedure and within the scope of practice.
- Meets productivity guidelines (7 visits per 8 hour day) according to departmental policy and procedures.
All responsibilities are essential job functions.
- Ability to perform detailed assignments with minimal supervision and work under pressure.
- Knowledge of the nursing process for the delivery and management of patient care.
- Ability to create electronic documentation which is accurate, intelligible, and concise.
- Ability to complete and maintain all required licensed practical nurses competencies.
- Ability to communicate proactively and clearly with patients, caregivers, and medical staff.
- Ability to read, write and speak clearly in English.
- Successful completion of an accreditedLicensed Practical Nurse Program.
- 2 Years of Medical-Surgical nursing experience in direct patient care required.
LICENSES, CERTIFICATIONS, ETC.:
- Current licensure as a Licensed Practical Nurse in the Commonwealth of Massachusetts.
- Current BLS and CPR Certification desired.
- Current driver’s license and access to a reliable, insured and safety inspected vehicle for transportation to patient homes.