Category(s): Nursing, Inpatient Direct Care Nurses
Full Time / Part Time: Full-Time
** Substantial Rate Increases **
** UP TO A $12,000 SIGN-ON BONUS **
Baystate Health, a nationally recognized leader in healthcare quality and safety, and home to (example) Baystate Medical Center (BMC), a Magnet Hospital for Nursing Excellence is looking for inpatient Registered Nurses to join our team.
At Baystate Health, RN means more. It stands for our deep respect for nursing professional practice that is essential to our mission. It also stands for Baystate’s many opportunities for growth and learning in the region’s only academic medical center and within our community hospitals, and it stands for our commitment to taking care of all those in the community who need us
Our Rapid Response team offers elbow-to-elbow support and comes fully equipped to help you do what YOU do best, provide for our patients!
Reports to the Manager, Clinical Staffing Resources (Flex Team) and the primary responsibility to respond to adult Rapid Response calls. While not involved in the RRT call this RN will be conducting routine follow-ups on recently triaged patient from critical care and intercare units, any patient that received a RRT intervention within the previous 8 hrs to ensure successful interventions have taken place and that any care transition to a new level of care is successful. This RN will also acts as a clinical resource to unit-based clinical staff. He/she will manage/direct/lead/collaborate with necessary ancillary/intradepartmental staff to ensure quality project implementation, monitoring, feedback and identify and implement appropriate next steps. He/she will assist in the measurement of the effectiveness and efficiency of health care service delivery for continuous quality improvement purposes and based on data will develop, recommend and monitor process redesign. He/she will serve as a liaison to Performance Improvement teams and work with nursing staff and other personnel to manage clinical quality improvement and resource management studies and facilitate access to clinical and administrative data. This team will operate 24/7 to support quality clinical care delivery.
1) Immediately responds to urgent calls/pages to rescue patients via RRT program. Initiates emergency standing orders as necessary per Rapid Response Team Protocols and implements critical care interventions and transports patients requiring higher level of care.
2) Functions in collaboration with stroke team service in responding to Code Stroke activations for in-house patients & ensures implementation of early goal directed therapy for sepsis, in-house patients. Provides feedback to Acute Stroke Team service and Sepsis Committee to facilitate protocol refinement.
3) Assists RN staff with communication to MD utilizing SBAR communication tool and in some cases communicates directly with MD on behalf of the primary nurse.
4) Conducts regularly scheduled rounds on all inpatient units and addresses any patient/clinical issues at that time as expressed by the charge nurse for that particular unit. Purpose is to target early signs and symptoms of deterioration and prevent adverse events. If detected, Rapid Response RN will assist the bedside RN caring for the patient to obtain early intervention orders from MD.
5) Responds to staff RNs that request a consultation (non-RRT) and completes advanced assessment to assist the adult acute and intercare staff RN in caring for a potentially unstable patient. Responds to requests for information and support of low-frequency, high risk skill sets.
6) While on surveillance rounds, supports critical thinking of staff. Reviews appropriate standard of care with the primary RN caring for the patient of concern with an eye toward prevention of adverse events and future care needs. This includes, but is not limited to, complications associated with indwelling foley catheters, continuous bladder irrigation, restraints & central lines. In addition, ensures appropriate interventions are implemented for high fall risk, spinal precautions, seizure precautions, end of life care & potential future clinical deterioration. Supports and encourages hospital-wide initiatives such as bedside rounding and quiet time.
7) Supports Patient Placement RNs with throughput by triaging patients during high census/acuity situation. Provides information ton PPM to facilitate the transfer of patients in acute distress.
8) Provides ongoing education to staff on early detection of changes in a patient's condition. Assists with formal educational support such as Nurse Residency Program, Emergency Response in a Hospital Setting (ERHS) classes, SimLab for nurse and medical residency education & RRT shadow experiences.
9) Supports team building and on-going leadership development. Provides constructive feedback to other team members in real time and peer evaluations annually.
- FULL-TIME, DAY SHIFT
- Every other weekend and rotating holidays
- Location: Baystate Medical Center Springfield
- New Grad RN (0-1 year of RN Licensure) $41.00
- Experienced RN (1+ years of RN Licensure) $42.66-$65.00
- Competitive shift differentials and allowance plans
THE ADVANTAGES OF WORKING WITH BAYSTATE!
- Excellent Compensation
- High-quality, low-cost medical, dental and vision insurance
- Pet, home, auto and personal insurance
- Certification and continuing education reimbursement
- Nursing forgivable loan program
- 403b retirement company match & annual company contribution increase based on years of service
- Life insurance
- First time homebuyer program
- Free money coach advice from a certified professional
- Reimbursement for a variety of wellbeing activities, included but limited to: gym membership and equipment, personal trainer, massage and so much more!
- Wellbeing programs that include but are not limited to mental, physical, and financial health
- Successfully passed Board of Registration in Nursing Examination and is licensed in the Commonwealth of Massachusetts
- Current American Heart Association Health Care Provider CPR certification required.
- Experience: Minimum 3 years of critical care experience required
- Education: AND required; BSN preferred.
Skills and Competencies:
1) The individual should possess tested leadership skills, exceptional written and verbal communication techniques, conflict management expertise, efficient time management and an understanding of the principles surrounding performance improvement, quality of care, outcome measurements and analysis and health care cost containment
We strive to be the place where we can help you build the career you deserve – apply today – YOU belong at Baystate!
Our compensation philosophy
We offer competitive total compensation that includes pay, benefits, and other recognition programs for our employees. The base pay range shown above considers the wide range of factors that are considered in making compensation decisions including knowledge/skills; relevant experience and training; education/certifications/licensure; and other business and organizational factors. This base pay range does not include our comprehensive benefits package and any incentive payments that may be applicable to this role.
You Belong At Baystate
At Baystate Health we know that treating one another with dignity and equity is what elevates respect for our patients and staff. It makes us not just an organization, but also a community where you belong. It is how we advance the care and enhance the lives of all people.
DIVERSE TEAMS. DIVERSE PATIENTS. DIVERSE LOCATIONS.
Bachelor of Nursing Degree (Required), Master of Nursing
Advanced Cardiac Life Support – Other, Registered Nurse – State of Massachusetts
Equal Employment Opportunity Employer
Baystate Health is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, ancestry, age, genetic information, disability, or protected veteran status.