We’re saving lives, building careers, and reimagining healthcare. We can’t wait to grow alongside you.
The professional registered nurse possesses and applies the skills and knowledge necessary for the delivery and management of patient care from admission through discharge. The professional registered nurse is knowledgeable of current trends in healthcare including but not limited to advances in technology, pharmacology, treatment care modalities, quality and patient safety. The professional registered nurse serves as a patient and family advocate while facilitating a cooperative and collaborative environment among all health care providers. The professional registered nurse is responsible for the planning, delivery and management of patient/family centered care utilizing the nursing process and adhering to the standards of nursing practice embedded in research, evidence based practice and/or best practices. The professional registered nurse at Tufts Medical Center provides clinical excellence, which fosters and supports an environment central to our patient and family centered model of care.
JOB KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS
- Possesses and applies the skills and knowledge necessary to provide care to patients throughout the life span, with consideration of aging processes, human development stages and cultural patterns in each step of the care process.
- Ability to provide care for a designated group of patients according to unit guidelines and hospital policies, procedures and protocols.
AGE SPECIFIC COMPETENCIES
- Has the skills and knowledge to provide care to the age groups of the population served including:
- Knowledge of growth and development
- Ability to interpret age specific data and response to care
- Provide age appropriate communication
- Bachelors Degree required, Bachelors Degree in Nursing strongly preferred.
- BLS Certification required
- Varies according to unit requirements and needs.
Current Massachusetts Registered Nurse License
Tufts Medicine is a leading integrated health system bringing together the best of academic and community healthcare to deliver exceptional, connected and accessible care experiences to consumers across Massachusetts. Comprised of Tufts Medical Center, Lowell General Hospital, MelroseWakefield Hospital, Lawrence Memorial Hospital of Medford, Care at Home — an expansive home care network, and large integrated physician network. Please note that effective October 1, 2021, as a condition of employment at Tufts Medicine, all employees and new hires must have received their complete dose of the COVID-19 vaccine, unless they have been granted an exemption. We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity and inclusion at Tufts Medicine. Tufts Medicine does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status, national origin, gender identity and/or expression, marital status or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation by emailing us at email@example.com.