We’re saving lives, building careers, and reimagining healthcare. We can’t wait to grow alongside you.
We’re excited to offer newly enhanced, highly competitive, sign-on bonuses to experienced RNs with at least 12 months of experience! Apply today to learn more!
Job Profile Summary
This role focuses on providing professional and nonprofessional nursing care services in accordance with physician orders. In addition, this role focuses on performing the following Clinical Nurse duties: Assesses, plans, implements, and evaluates the care needs of a designated group of patients or provides nursing care and identified clinical support tasks within the scope of practice for achievement of the patient’s plan of care as directed. Provides professional nursing care to patients. Requires a nursing license. A professional individual contributor role that may direct the work of other lower level professionals or manage processes and programs. The majority of time is spent overseeing the design, implementation or delivery of processes, programs and policies using specialized knowledge and skills typically acquired through advanced education. An experienced level role that applies practical knowledge of job area typically obtained through advanced education and work experience. Works independently with general supervision, problems faced are difficult but typically not complex, and may influence others within the job area through explanation of facts, policies and practices.
The RN Complex Care provides direct nursing care to patients and their families in accordance with established policies, procedures, and practices in a complex care area.
Minimum Qualifications:1. Massachusetts RN Licensure.
2. 0 – Less than 12 Months of RN Experience.
3. Current Basic Life Support (BLS) Certification.
4. Current Basic Cardiac Life Support (BCLS) Certification.
5. Department Specific: Certification(s) relevant to the department and the type of patient care being provided may be required.
Preferred Qualifications:1. Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN).
Duties and Responsibilities: The duties and responsibilities listed below are intended to describe the general nature of work and are not intended to be an all-inclusive list. Other duties and responsibilities may be assigned.
1. Participates in and maintains awareness of performance improvement initiates.
2. Conscientiously evaluates and integrates evidence-based practice and research into clinical practice.
3. Conducts and documents accurate clinical assessments.
4. Develops, implements, and evaluates the patient’s individualized plan of care.
5. Manages own patient assignment by delegating effectively based on patient needs and skills of team members.
6. Develops a comprehensive educational plan for the patient and family, utilizing appropriate resources, and documents according to department standards.
7. Recognizes patient/family rights through support of their informed decisions and advanced directives.
8. Continually evaluates and revises the care plan according to changes in the patient’s health status.
9. Develops a comprehensive discharge plan utilizing appropriate resources and referrals including community resources.
10. Supports the development of new staff members and helps facilitate their transition into unit.
11. Participates in professional development by identifying learning needs and seeking appropriate education.
Physical Requirements: 1. Occasional lifting of 30-35 lbs and turning patients.
2. Prolonged standing and walking.
3. Occasional twisting, bending, reaching, pushing/pulling, sitting, kneeling, and squatting.
4. Exposure to infectious disease and possible carcinogenic chemicals.
5. Exposure of blood-borne pathogens.
6. Requires fine manual dexterity to lift and maneuver patients.
7. Requires visual and aural acuity necessary to monitor patient care.
Skills & Abilities:1. Ability to effectively communicate with patients, families, physicians, and healthcare team.
2. Knowledge of and application of the nursing process.
Tufts Medicine is a leading integrated health system bringing together the best of academic and community healthcare to deliver exceptional, connected and accessible care experiences to consumers across Massachusetts. Comprised of Tufts Medical Center, Lowell General Hospital, MelroseWakefield Hospital, Lawrence Memorial Hospital of Medford, Care at Home — an expansive home care network, and large integrated physician network. Please note that effective October 1, 2021, as a condition of employment at Tufts Medicine, all employees and new hires must have received their complete dose of the COVID-19 vaccine, unless they have been granted an exemption. We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity and inclusion at Tufts Medicine. Tufts Medicine does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status, national origin, gender identity and/or expression, marital status or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation by emailing us at email@example.com.