Provides prescribed medical treatment and personal care services to patients in the clinical setting by performing the following duties supporting the nursing philosophy. May be required to work alternate shifts and weekends as necessary at some clinic settings. Performs other duties as assigned.
Mercyhealth South Clinic
Fulltime, 80hrs/2 weeks
No nights or weekends
- Rooms and prepares patient for examination and procedures
- Collects patient data and documents in the medical record.
- Assists with procedures, examinations and testing as needed.
- Reviews physician's orders, lab requests, or follow-up needs with patient.
- Documents services provided in the medical record.
- Provides patient treatments as ordered.
- Observes patients and reports adverse reactions to medication or treatment to the RN.
- Administers specified medications as allowed by policy and procedure, licensure, and State Practice Act.
- Reinforces patient teaching provided by Provider and RN.
- Provides basic healthcare instruction to family and patient.
- Performs EKG's and simple lab tests.
- Performs venipuncture to collect blood specimens.
- Participates in QA & I.
- Orders supplies.
Education and Experience
Graduate of an accredited LPN Program.
Experience in clinical setting preferred.
Licensed as an LPN in the State of Illinois or Wisconsin depending on where the services are performed.
Approved CPR or BLS certification required within 90 days.
TACT within 90 days (per department guidelines)
Special Physicial Demands
Must have manual dexterity to operate equipment and assist with medical procedures. Able to lift, restrain and ambulate patients. Position requires the employee to frequently stand, walk, handle, finger, feel, reach, talk, and hear. Occasionally sit, climb, balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, crawl, taste and smell. Vision requirements include frequent close vision, color vision, and occasional distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus. This is considered heavy work. This position requires the employee to frequently exert 25 to 50 lbs of force and occasionally 50 to 100 lbs of force.