Provides compassionate, culturally sensitive, holistic nursing care to patients in a clinical setting, supporting the Mercyhealth nursing mission, practice values and strategic plan. Performs other duties as assigned including floating to various units based on identified needs and clinical competency.
- Family Practice at Mercyhealth South, Janesville WI
- 64 Hours/2 Weeks
- Day Shift 8am-5pm, NO WEEKENDS OR HOLIDAYS
Ask us about your sign on bonus eligibility!
- Utilizes the nursing process and critical thinking in collaboration with interdisciplinary team members in caring for patients.
- Performs assessments, planning, intervention and evaluation of care
- Administers prescribed medications and treatments in accordance with approved nursing techniques, policies and procedures, standards of care, and state laws/practice act as required by care setting.
- Ensures all documentation is accurate and comprehensive in accordance with the established standards of care for documentation at the system and entity levels.
- Develops initiates and executes a patient plan of care according to the patient’s individualized needs, as prescribed by the physician and/or hospital policy. Utilizes resources available to teach and support patient and family education. Provides education to the appropriate level of understanding.
- Participates in department or unit performance improvement activities, which may include shared governance.
- Utilizes clinical expertise & guidance to other units/departments in support of the patient’s longitudinal plan of care. Acts to resolve systems breakdowns and engages self and others in providing solutions
- Utilizes critical thinking in regards to patient safety and patient experience, manages complex situations and delegates to other staff appropriately. Escalates to the appropriate chain of command as needed.
- Positively influences the professional and organizational environments and shared governance.
- Engages in personal development and supports system-entity opportunities for continuous learning and growth including developing or revising evidence based practice guidelines.
- Supports and participates in peer review and peer feedback opportunities.
- Participates in the professional nursing continuum
- Clinic and Ambulatory RN’s will maintain timely flow of patients, in addition to responding to telephone calls and performs telephone triage of patients.
Education and Experience
Graduate of an accredited nursing program.
BSN or upon hire BSN completion agreement for enrollment in an accredited BSN Completion Program.
Licensed as an RN in state of practice
Approved CPR certification required within 90 days (Other certification per unit requirements: ACLS, PALS, PEARS, NRP)
10 hours of continued education
Special Physicial Demands
The Special Physical Demands are considered Essential Job Functions of the position with or without reasonable accommodations.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to sit; stoop, kneel, crouch, or smell. The employee must regularly lift and /or move up to 25 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, and depth perception.
Culture of Excellence Behavior Expectations
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following behavior expectations:
Quality - Follows policies and procedures; adapts to and manages changes in the environment; Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness giving attention to details; Looks for ways to improve and promote quality; Applies feedback to improve performance; Manages time and prioritizes effectively to achieve organizational goals.
Service - Responds promptly to requests for service and assistance; Follows the Mercyhealth Critical Moments of service; Meets commitments; Abides by MH confidentiality and security agreement; Shows respect and sensitivity for cultural differences; and effectively communicates information to partners; Thinks system wide regarding processes and functions.
Partnering - Shows commitment to the Mission of Mercyhealth and Culture of Excellence through all words and actions; Exhibits objectivity and openness to other's views; Demonstrates a high level of participation and engagement in day-to-day work; Gives and welcomes feedback; Generates suggestions for improving work: Embraces teamwork, supports and encourages positive change while giving value to individuals.
Cost - Conserves organization resources; Understands fiscal responsibility; Works within approved budget; Develops and implements cost saving measures; contributes to profits and revenue.