Geriatric Nursing Assistant (GNA) Jobs in Elkton, MD
- Elkton, MD, US
Could you earn up to $39 per hour working in Geriatric Nursing Assistant jobs in Elkton, MD and surrounding areas? Even if you could, would you still have to put up with long work hours, increasing workloads, and decreasing rest times? Too many nursing professionals are considering leaving the career that they love just to have a life that’s more livable. We think that nursing professionals like you deserve better which is why we’re doing everything we can to disrupt the old model of nurse burnout.
At IntelyCare, we give our nursing professionals job security by hiring them as W2 employees and then letting them pick from a wide range of shifts at skilled nursing and assisted living facilities throughout their state and region. What does that mean for you? The safety net of a traditional job, but with a real work-life balance that finally gives you the freedom to live your life the way you want in Chesapeake country.
Our entire company is dedicated to serving our nursing professionals. Here’s what some of our “IntelyPros” can tell you about their experience:
- “I love working with IntelyCare because of the flexibility to build my own schedule and the excellent pay rates. Everyone here is also very nice and helpful.”
- “I love working with IntelyCare because I can tailor my work schedule around my family and my nursing school responsibilities.”
- “This company is amazing! I love the app; everything has been so easy, from uploading documents to signing in and out of shifts.”
- “I love IntelyCare from the bottom of my heart! This company has literally changed my life! Everything is super organized and straightforward. Thanks to IntelyCare, I am now in control of my career.”
Our Geriatric Nursing Assistants work in post-acute facilities performing hands-on care for residents. In this position, your shift responsibilities can include:
- Reporting a resident’s vital signs and their overall condition to ensure that they receive responsive and appropriate care.
- Helping residents with hygiene, grooming, eating, bathing, and other daily living activities to ensure their comfort and well-being.
- Providing companionship to residents and responding to their requests.
- Promoting a clean and sanitary living environment for residents.
- Working with patients on their mobility using range of motion exercises.
- Coordinating with physicians and nursing staff members and assisting with medical procedures as needed.
Compensation and Work Hours
As W2 employees, our Geriatric Nursing Assistants can get better pay and benefits, with weekly pay that’s 25% higher than average. Combined with our flexible hours, this means that you’ll have the work-life balance you’ve always wanted in your career. Our compensation includes the following:
- Position compensation: $23-$39 per hour
- Employer-paid taxes
- Access to your pay whenever you need it
- Unlimited bonus opportunities
- Overtime, holiday pay, hazard pay where available, and travel bonuses
This compensation is paired with a wide range of GNA shifts to choose from, including:
- 8-, 10-, and 12-hour shifts
- Day, night, and overnight shifts
- Weekend and holiday shifts and/or Monday to Friday shifts
- Short and long-term shifts
- Temp-to-perm shifts
- Pick your shifts and facilities with ease and set up longer term relationships with facilities if you choose.
- Access your pay when you need it with DailyPay, even a portion of your pay on the same day you work a shift.
- Avoid the burden of self-employment taxes with employer withholding.
- Build your nest egg with eligibility for retirement benefits and our 401k program.
- Safeguard the health of you and qualifying family members with eligibility for medical, dental, and vision benefits.
- Protect yourself with workers compensation and malpractice insurance.
- Get free and easy-to-use continuing education modules through our app as well as 1:1 coaching sessions with experienced clinical quality nurses.
- Access a wide range of free and unlimited group coaching sessions covering personal wellness, financial health, and more.
- Stock up on free IntelyCare merch, from scrubs to masks and much more.
Qualifications and Skills
- An applicable Certified Nursing Assistant (GNA) state certification (required)
- Previous experience as a Geriatric Nursing Assistant (preferred)
- Previous experience working in post-acute or long-term care settings (a plus)
- Understanding of medical terminology and nursing care
- The ability to communicate effectively
Join Our Team of Satisfied Geriatric Nursing Assistants Today
The job you’ve always wanted is finally here. See what flexible hours and a real work-life balance can look like by applying with IntelyCare today.
COVID-19 Considerations: Clinicians must be vaccinated against Covid-19.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
If you’re ready to shift to a better schedule, we’d love to have you on our team.
Start your application today!
Application takes less than 5 Minutes
At least 7 characters, 1 capital letter and 1 number.
Already started your application? Log in to finish, today.